Target Operating Model
Delivering Operational Excellence
An effective, profitable and efficient target operating model is critical to your strategy and long-term goals. So you can quickly adapt to shifting customer demand, grow into new markets, sell new products, innovate or be compliant.
Our target operating model design service is more than the traditional approach of delivering improvements to your organisation’s people, processes and technology.
We also look at how you deliver your services internally and with external partners, reviewing the level of governance and oversight required for effective and compliant levels of control. We work out how your data can give an accurate picture of where you are right now and then reliably track and measure the impact of changes and improvements moving forward.
Change is no longer daunting and developing a business case is fluid, robust and commercially viable. So you improve your organisation’s financial performance, efficiencies, staff satisfaction and customer experience.
Solving These Challenges and Bringing These Benefits
What We Do
Our comprehensive methodology allows an organisation to select the right approach and implement it at a feasible pace. Setting the scope of where changes are needed, the priorities and forming the road-map through delivery.
Services and Capabilities
Processes, People and Technology
Data and Information
Insights and Analysis
Modelling, Prototyping and Business Case
Delivery and Benefits Tracking
Environmental, Social and Governance
How it is Delivered
The target operating model programme is based on four core principles – comprehensively evaluate all dependencies, but only do what is needed, achieve benefits quickly, and progress in a ‘planned and agile manner’. Delivered through 5 stages:
We begin with mapping the customer experience across all-important customer touchpoints, using priority ‘customer scenarios’ to guide the time investment during this insight stage. Augmenting with customer needs research, analytics and customer service insights where available. As an example, the following end-to-end areas would be analysed for a digital software business:
1. Programme Governance & Delivery Plan
- Governance is deployed for the programme to speed decision-making and control.
- An initial programme framework is created for all stages of the transformation – planning, execution and iteration – so timescales are clear, benefits are delivered and the transformation occurs at pace.
2. Insight & Analysis
- Using the ‘needs analysis outputs’ all areas of change needed are identified.
- The additional analysis highlights the organisation’s capability to undertake change.
3. Delivery Plan & Roadmap
- A transformation plan is created using the analysis.
- Identified improvements and change capabilities are subjected to a cost-to-benefit, importance, timeliness to deliver, and interdependency review.
- Prioritisation is mapped and the investment case to support the initiative.
- A delivery roadmap is evolved, supported by critical success KPIs.
4. Integrated Delivery & Governance
- The delivery roadmap guides the change process.
- Planning and change are controlled and measured centrally so everything happens at the right time and clear reporting informs all stakeholders of progress and success.
- Central planning controls the overall programme and delivery is conducted through agile sprints, cross-functional working practices and organisational empowerment to deliver benefits quickly. The elected creation process may not be ‘agile’ but our delivery uses those principles for maximum benefit.
- Everything is supported by clear and meaningful internal communications to enable buy-in across the full organisation.
5. Measure & Iterate
- Critical success KPIs are used to measure outcomes and the success of the process for all stages and streams. Identifying needs for iteration.
- Adaptability is baked into the approach for agility to shifting conditions and business goals.
- With success enhanced through objectives, clear accountability in the senior delivery team, organisational empowerment and a communication plan that brings the transformation vision to life.
Meet some of our operational excellence team
DWG is a digital transformation consultancy with a real breath of experience. A team of 50+ senior digital change experts working internationally experienced, meet some of them: