Business Data and AI Transformation
Outstanding insights help you make better decisions, bringing personalisation and relevance to your end-to-end customer experience. The importance of data and its utility has never been greater, but organisations must develop a relevant and adaptive data strategy to take advantage.
Our Business Data and AI Transformation solution helps you create a compelling data strategy or successfully execute and optimise your current approach to take advantage of the benefits rapidly. We share our learning and expertise, focusing on the maturity of your data environment, asking questions such as:
- What customer and operational model benefits do you wish to achieve through data?
- Where is your data?
- How much data do we have or have responsibility for?
- What regulations is it subject to?
- What purpose does it fulfil (or what should it)?
- What is the path to move from today’s situation to tomorrow’s needs?
Together we deliver a robust data vision, strategy, plan and approach that enhances your business and operating model. Allowing your data to play a vital role in insight-driven decision making, customer experience improvements, operational efficiencies through AI, and risk identification and mitigation.
Solving These Challenges and Bringing These Benefits
Addressing These Core Challenges
Delivering These Good Outcomes
What We Do
Our approach to Business Data and AI Transformation uses a comprehensive blueprint to develop or optimise your data strategy and approach by reviewing and defining the critical areas that data can enable and enrich. Setting the scope where changes must be made, identifying priorities, and calibrating with the existing strategy roadmap to guide delivery. We focus, as required, on these areas:
Reporting and Management Insights
Go-to-Market and Communications
Customer Management and Risk
Proposition and Pricing Innovation
Operational Processes and AI
Data Processes: Regulation & Compliance
Organisation, Teams and Suppliers
Data and Security Platform
How it is Delivered
We deliver the data strategy process based on four core principles; comprehensively evaluate all dependencies, but only do what is needed, achieve benefits quickly, and progress in a ‘planned and agile manner’. Delivered through 5 stages:
1. Initial Programme Governance & Delivery Framework
- A compelling data vision, strategy and plan is complex and takes time. This activity is put under project control and governance to oversee the process and ensure its timely delivery.
- A project framework is put in place that mirrors the steps of our approach. Activities, responsibilities and timelines are set. Decision-making authority is agreed so the programme can rapidly progress.
- Critical success factors for the programme are identified and used to enable the measurement phases below.
- C-level team understanding and sponsorship is gained.
2. Insight & Analysis
- To develop the data strategy or optimise activities in place you need a clear picture of your company ambitions and current capabilities.
- Answering core questions related to company objectives, strategy, business insights, customer experience, customer management, go-to-market, innovation, operations, technology, and employee experience.
- This is augmented by understanding likely changes in external environments such as customer behaviours and regulations. And what technology changes and new external sources of data may further enrich what can be achieved.
- Providing insights into the role of the data strategy to successful deliver company objectives.
3. Creation of Data Strategy, Plan & Roadmap
- Armed with a comprehensive fact-base, the DWG team works with the senior leadership team to identify the role of data to meet the company objectives and strategy.
- Identifying activities in two ways: firstly, those to enable the current direction, and secondly, those which could augment and enrich any current plans – including the role of AI. Resolving pain-points and unlocking opportunities.
- With the timeline and dependency mapped, this is calibrated into any existing strategy delivery roadmap, supported by critical success KPIs and investment cases.
4. Integrated Delivery & Governance
- The delivery roadmap guides the data strategy changes. Planning and change are controlled and measured centrally to ensure everything happens at the right time, and clear reporting informs stakeholders of progress and success.
- Delivery is conducted through agile sprints—growing success and momentum.
- All supported by clear and meaningful internal communications to reduce fears and enable buy-in across the entire organisation.
5. Measured & Iterated
- Critical KPIs are used to measure success and the need for iteration for all stages and streams. Baking adaptability into the approach ensures agility to any changing conditions and business goals.
Meet the Team
DWG is one of the UK’s most experienced digital transformation consultancies, with a team of 50+ senior digital and data experts, internationally experienced. Meet some of them: